AP Statistics Curriculum 2007
- 1 This is an Outline of a General Advance-Placement (AP) Statistics Curriculum
- 1.1 Outline
- 1.2 Introduction to Statistics
- 1.3 Describing, Exploring, and Comparing Data
- 1.4 Probability
- 1.5 Probability Distributions
- 1.6 Normal Probability Distributions
- 1.7 Relations Between Distributions
- 1.8 Estimates and Sample Sizes
- 1.9 Hypothesis Testing
- 1.10 Inferences from Two Samples
- 1.11 Correlation and Regression
- 1.12 Multinomial Experiments and Contingency Tables
- 1.13 Statistical Process Control
This is an Outline of a General Advance-Placement (AP) Statistics Curriculum
Each topic discussed in the SOCR AP Curricumum should contain the following subsections:
- Motivation/Problem: A real data set and fundamental challenge.
- Approach: Models & strategies for solving the problem, data understanding & inference.
- Model Validation: Checking/affirming underlying assumptions.
- Computational Resources: Internet-based SOCR Tools (including offline resources, e.g., tables).
- Examples: computer simulations and real observed data.
- Hands-on activities: Step-by-step practice problems.
Introduction to Statistics
No mater how controlled the environment, the protocol or the design, virtually any repeated measurement, observation, experiment, trial, study or survey is bound to generate data that varies because of intrinsic (internal to the system) or extrinsic (due to the ambient environment) effects.