SOCR MDP Apr 2023 Retreat
SOCR News & Events: April 2023 SOCR-MDP Retreat
- Date/Time: Wednesday, 4/19/23, 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM (All students)
- Place: SNB2 #1240, 426 N. Ingalls Str.
- SOCR Project Leads: Yueyang Shen; Mingyi Tang; Yang Chen; Kaiming Cheng; Shihang Li; Simeone Marino (and Ivo Dinov).
- Michigan Events.
We will review progress over the Winter 2023 semester for all SOCR projects and SOCR GDrive. Students will introduce themselves and stress their strengths and interests. Dinner will be provided.
The 2023 SOCR-MDP Team Projects on Research, Development, Implementation, Experimentation, and Innovative Science. Please make a note of the following logistics:
- GSlides each student is expected to join one or more projects, but can initially rotate through several project (in Jan’23!) to find the best match.
- Orientation to students, projects, and the Team
- The big picture of the project and where students fit in the research: What are the purpose and goals of the research project? What type of tasks will students be working on?
- Team Dynamics: How is the team organized? How do the sub-teams work together? What roles do people play on the team (i.e., sub-team leads, etc.)?
- Team Networking: Allow new and current team members to network with each other (see optional ice breaker activities in the attached slides).
- Meeting date/time/location; attendance and punctuality are required
- Project Updates: How should students provide project updates to you? How often will they provide updates? What should they do if they are stuck on a task?
- Team Norms (e.g., preferred communication, handling purchases, etc.)
- Start on the team commitment packet (provided at the event)
- Take a team photo wearing the SOCR 2023 T-Shirts!
Please arrive a few minutes early so we can get everyone settled quickly
- SOCR Website
- MDP and 2023 SOCR-MDP Program
- SOCR R&D Projects and SOCR MDP'23 Projects
- SOCR Navigators
- SOCR Datasets and Challenging Case-studies
- Electronic Textbooks: Probability and Statistics EBook, Scientific Methods for Health Sciences, Data Science and Predictive Analytics (DSPA)
- Hands-on interactive visualization of extremely high-dimensional data (learning module and webapp)
- SOCR News & Events
- SOCR Global Users
- SOCR Home page: https://www.socr.umich.edu
Translate this page: