SOCR MDP Jan 2023 JumpStart
SOCR News & Events: 2023 SOCR-MDP All-Hands Jump-Start Meeting (Winter 2023)
- Date/Time: Thursday, 1/5/23, 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM (All students)
- Place/Time: NCRC Building 10 | Dining Hall | 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI NCRC10 Room #G064.
- SOCR Project Leads: Yueyang Shen; Mingyi Tang; Yang Chen; Kaiming Cheng; Shihang Li; Simeone Marino (and Ivo Dinov).
We will describe all SOCR Teams and projects and SOCR GDrive. Students will introduce themselves and stress their strengths and interests.
The 2023 SOCR-MDP Team Projects on Research, Development, Implementation, Experimentation, and Innovative Science. Please make a note of the following logistics:
- GSlides each student is expected to join one or more projects, but can initially rotate through several project (in Jan’23!) to find the best match.
- Orientation to students, projects, and the Team
- The big picture of the project and where students fit in the research: What are the purpose and goals of the research project? What type of tasks will students be working on?
- Team Dynamics: How is the team organized? How do the sub-teams work together? What roles do people play on the team (i.e., sub-team leads, etc.)?
- Team Networking: Allow new and current team members to network with each other (see optional ice breaker activities in the attached slides).
- Meeting date/time/location; attendance and punctuality are required
- Grades: How do you evaluate students? What makes a good researcher?
- Project Updates: How should students provide project updates to you? How often will they provide updates? What should they do if they are stuck on a task?
- Team Norms (e.g., preferred communication, handling purchases, etc.)
- Start on the team commitment packet (provided at the event)
- Take a team photo wearing the SOCR 2023 T-Shirts!
Please arrive a few minutes early so we can get everyone settled quickly
- SOCR Website
- MDP and 2023 SOCR-MDP Program
- SOCR R&D Projects and SOCR MDP'23 Projects
- SOCR Navigators
- SOCR Datasets and Challenging Case-studies
- Electronic Textbooks: Probability and Statistics EBook, Scientific Methods for Health Sciences, Data Science and Predictive Analytics (DSPA)
- Hands-on interactive visualization of extremely high-dimensional data (learning module and webapp)
- SOCR News & Events
- SOCR Global Users
- SOCR Home page: https://www.socr.umich.edu
Translate this page: